Rss Feed

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Prayers In The Dark

It started out like any other night...i stepped out of my house door and entered the outside realm...cold air rushed through my face rattling my very soul, it just finished raining and the air was moist...i turned the key thrusted in my doorknob, with an all to familiar click the door was locked...heaving out a the heaviest sigh ever i spun around and stepped into my car...as i sat in the car, droplets from the previous downpour were still falling at the window...the car skidded to a halt at the gates of the mosque...I stepped in and was greeted by familiar faces! Illiya Danials , Amin and Shazwan were sitting at a corner in the mosque watching videos and looking at pics...I stepped up into them and gave each of them a curtful nod and shook thier hand...so I sat down with them and started making conversation with them :

illiya : got a mingo-mingo truck outside selling icecream ouh...
Amin : *silence*
shazwan : ada ramai girls kan buying it?
Me : Aa'aa i saw loads of people out there...ada line lagi tuh
illiya : takpe jom pegi beli je

so we walked outside and headed towards the truck...as we reached the front staircase of the mosque we saw a sight of disbelief! the line was longer compared to 7 minutes ago...so we formed a circle and waited for the line to clear...suddenly out of the blue, comes one "pak-cik" probably a mosque staff worker...came to us and asked about our future and plans etc...its a standard ceramah but have a twist of religion in it :D ...when he was finished with hes random speech..the azan could be heard...

Me : Alaaaa tak sempat beli mingo-mingo!
Amin : *dah sedar skit* ice-cream tuh takkan pegi mana-mana

Bah, we made our way back into the mosque praying area and took our positions in the middle...as the 2nd rakaat was finishing...The lights suddenly went out! shouts from the children at the back could be heard in the background screaming and panicking...the Imam got up and told us to continue with the prayer...so I followed wat he said and did the Prayers In The Dark...and when I finished praying - the lights came back on! I smiled to myself and headed outside to buy mingo-mingo...but to my greater dismay the truck had dissapeared...I wanted to try mingo-mingo so badly :/

No comments: